United Kingdom·October 17 - 22 2021
A bespoke adult-only expedition along the Lairig Ghru and Cairngorm ridge.SOLD OUT
Departing on Sunday 17th October, we will take the Caledonian Sleeper from London Euston to Pitlochry and transfer from there to the Linn of Dee. From there, we'll hike the Lairig Ghru, wild camping along the glen for two nights. Between these nights we'll attempt three major Munros before hiking through the Rothiemurchus forest to Glenmore where we'll spend a night in the relative luxury of hard accommodation. On Thursday, our final day, we'll traverse the Cairngorm Ridge, hoping to see some of the UK's only re-wilded reindeer herd before our sleeper home from Aviemore on Thursday evening.
Expedition First Aider
Group Travel Insurance
Public Liability Insurance
Any 'pay as you go' meals/refreshment marked * on itinerary
Monday and Tuesday nights will be spent in and around the Corrour Bothy. One-man tents will be provided.
Sunday and Thursday nights will be spent aboard the newly renovated Caledonian Sleeper. Guests will stay in single-occupancy rooms (classic outbound and ensuite shower/toilet return). Hopefully, the dining cart will be open once again and we will be able to enjoy supper together on the outbound journey.
Wednesday night will be spent in the relative luxury of the Pinemarten's heated camping pods. Equipped with actual beds and even an adjacent sauna, the Pinemarten offers weary hikers a relaxing stay with hearty food and locally brewed refreshment.
- 4-season sleeping bag w/liner
- foam or inflatable sleeping mat
- 2 x 1 ltr water bottles / incl. either 1 x 1Lt filtered water bottle e.g. 'Water-to-Go' or personal supply of puri-tabs
- worn-in hiking boots
- gore-tex gaiters
- hiking trousers
- waterproof trousers (10,000 mm+)
- waterproof jacket (15,000 mm+, ideally 20,000 mm)
- Down jacket
- warm jumper for evenings
- lightweight synthetic t-shirts
- cycling shorts/equivalent underwear
- hiking socks - several pairs (recommend getting a variety of thicknesses from Bridgedale)
- fleece hat
- wide-brimmed hat (Tilley or similar)
- gloves (ski or similar)
- midge head net
- Smidge spray / Avon Skin So Soft with Jojoba oil spray
- factor 50 suncream
- quick-dry camping towel. Smaller the better!
- head torch
- battery pack (for phones etc.)
- additional personal snacks
- personal first aid kit
- dry bags
- small foldable day-sack for Tuesday and Thursday
- compass (optional)
- map (optional)